What is vtkRenderLargeImage?

Utkarsh Ayachit
Folks,

I ran into `vtkRenderLargeImage` accidentally today. Seems to me it's
an old class that should be deprecated in lieu of
`vtkWindowToImageFilter`. Does anyone have any reason why not to do
that?

Thanks
Utkarsh

Re: What is vtkRenderLargeImage?

Mathieu Malaterre
On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 3:40 PM, Utkarsh Ayachit
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I ran into `vtkRenderLargeImage` accidentally today. Seems to me it's
> an old class that should be deprecated in lieu of
> `vtkWindowToImageFilter`. Does anyone have any reason why not to do
> that?

I believe vtkWindowToImageFilter cannot render in something larger
than the current window on the screen... well things may have changed
since.

Re: What is vtkRenderLargeImage?

Utkarsh Ayachit
> I believe vtkWindowToImageFilter cannot render in something larger
> than the current window on the screen... well things may have changed
> since.

vtkWindowToImageFilter indeed supports `Magnification` (similar to
vtkRenderLargeImage)  which allows for rendering an image larger than
the current render window size.

Utkarsh

Re: What is vtkRenderLargeImage?

Bill Lorensen
SetMagnification is deprecated. Use SetScale instead.

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 29, 2017, at 10:40 AM, Utkarsh Ayachit <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I believe vtkWindowToImageFilter cannot render in something larger
>> than the current window on the screen... well things may have changed
>> since.
>
> vtkWindowToImageFilter indeed supports `Magnification` (similar to
> vtkRenderLargeImage)  which allows for rendering an image larger than
> the current render window size.
>
> Utkarsh

Re: What is vtkRenderLargeImage?

Bill Lorensen
I'm wrong about that. Sorry for the noise.