XYZ to RST coords

jonathan grimm
Is there a way to convert the parametric coordinates from vtkCell to true RST coordinates?
Is there a different way to do XYZ -> RST in vtk.

My cells are vtkQuadraticHexahedrons.  I am using vtk4.4, but vtkQuadratic Hexadron has a patch from the CVS.

--
Sometimes it's hard to tell the dancer from the dance - Corwin in CoC

RE: XYZ to RST coords

John Platt

Hi Jonathan,

The parametric coordinates (r,s,t) used in VTK cells are defined in the range (0,1). I am not sure what you mean by true RST coordinates but they can be transformed to (-1,1) by ( -1 + 2*r ).

Have you looked at EvaluatePosition() for (x,y,z) to (r,s,t)?

HTH

John.