add a directory to external data

Dan Lipsa-2
Hi all,
I am trying to add a vtm data for testing. The original data is:

[~/projects/VTK/src/Testing/Data (evenly-spaced-streamlines *%=)]$ ls clt*
clt.vtm

clt:
clt_0_0.vtr  clt_1_0.vtr

I move to the build directory and run
> cmake .

The problem I am seeing is that only the vtm file gets the md5 extension the files inside the clt directory don't.

[~/projects/VTK/src/Testing/Data (evenly-spaced-streamlines *%=)]$ ls clt*
clt.vtm.md5

clt:
clt_0_0.vtr  clt_1_0.vtr

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

Re: add a directory to external data

David E DeMarle
You can add directories and regex's for the directory contents to External data via ExternalData_Expand_Arguments.
See IO/Xdmf3/Testsing/Python/CMakeLists.txt for an example and vtkModuleMacros for the implementation.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: 518-881-4909

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 4:45 PM, Dan Lipsa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,
I am trying to add a vtm data for testing. The original data is:

[~/projects/VTK/src/Testing/Data (evenly-spaced-streamlines *%=)]$ ls clt*
clt.vtm

clt:
clt_0_0.vtr  clt_1_0.vtr

I move to the build directory and run
> cmake .

The problem I am seeing is that only the vtm file gets the md5 extension the files inside the clt directory don't.

[~/projects/VTK/src/Testing/Data (evenly-spaced-streamlines *%=)]$ ls clt*
clt.vtm.md5

clt:
clt_0_0.vtr  clt_1_0.vtr

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

Re: add a directory to external data

Brad King
On 06/08/2017 04:50 PM, David E DeMarle wrote:
> You can add directories and regex's for the directory contents to
> External data via ExternalData_Expand_Arguments.

Yes.  See docs here:

  https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.9/module/ExternalData.html#referencing-directories

There is also an option to recurse if needed.

-Brad

Re: add a directory to external data

Dan Lipsa-2
That works.

Thanks Dave!

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 4:50 PM, David E DeMarle <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can add directories and regex's for the directory contents to External data via ExternalData_Expand_Arguments.
See IO/Xdmf3/Testsing/Python/CMakeLists.txt for an example and vtkModuleMacros for the implementation.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: <a href="tel:(518)%20881-4909" value="+15188814909" target="_blank">518-881-4909