Quantcast

announce: vtk 7.1.1

David E DeMarle
Hi,

Just a short note to point out that we've put out a patch release for VTK 7.1.

This release is just a handful of fixes over last Fall's 7.1.0. The most impactful item is that our java wrappings were corrected. Other fixes went in for picking with antialiasing, volume masking, virtual reality device rendering, compilation of KIT aggregate libraries, and accessing hdf5 when using CMake versions older than 3.4.

You can browse all of the changes here: https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/milestones/7

While I have your attention, be on the lookout for VTK 8.0. We will begin the release cycle for that soon. The new release bring vtk-m accelerated filters and at the same time an enforced requirement for C++11 compilers. You can get a taste of what you'll see in the current VTK master branch.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: 518-881-4909

Re: announce: vtk 7.1.1

Elvis Stansvik

> Hi,
>
> Just a short note to point out that we've put out a patch release for VTK
> 7.1.
>
> This release is just a handful of fixes over last Fall's 7.1.0. The most
> impactful item is that our java wrappings were corrected. Other fixes went
> in for picking with antialiasing, volume masking, virtual reality device
> rendering, compilation of KIT aggregate libraries, and accessing hdf5 when
> using CMake versions older than 3.4.
>
> You can browse all of the changes here:
> https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/milestones/7

Nice, I'll give it a go tomorrow!

> While I have your attention, be on the lookout for VTK 8.0. We will begin
> the release cycle for that soon. The new release bring vtk-m accelerated
> filters and at the same time an enforced requirement for C++11 compilers.
> You can get a taste of what you'll see in the current VTK master branch.

Aha, I didn't know 8.0 was around the corner. Does that mean there'll
be no 7.2? Not that it matters to me if it's called 7.2 or 8, just
curious :)

Elvis

> David E DeMarle
> Kitware, Inc.
> R&D Engineer
> 21 Corporate Drive
> Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
> Phone: 518-881-4909

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Re: announce: vtk 7.1.1

David E DeMarle

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 5:18 PM, Elvis Stansvik <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a short note to point out that we've put out a patch release for VTK
> 7.1.

Nice, I'll give it a go tomorrow!

thanks!

> While I have your attention, be on the lookout for VTK 8.0. We will begin
> the release cycle for that soon. The new release bring vtk-m accelerated
> filters and at the same time an enforced requirement for C++11 compilers.
> You can get a taste of what you'll see in the current VTK master branch.

Aha, I didn't know 8.0 was around the corner. Does that mean there'll
be no 7.2? Not that it matters to me if it's called 7.2 or 8, just
curious :)

Yes there won't be a 7.2.

There could be a 7.1.2 if something bad turns up in 7.1.1.

Elvis

> David E DeMarle
> Kitware, Inc.
> R&D Engineer
> 21 Corporate Drive
> Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
> Phone: <a href="tel:518-881-4909" value="+15188814909">518-881-4909

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Re: announce: vtk 7.1.1

Elvis Stansvik

> On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 5:18 PM, Elvis Stansvik
> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Just a short note to point out that we've put out a patch release for
>> > VTK
>> > 7.1.
>> >

>> Nice, I'll give it a go tomorrow!
>>

> thanks!
>

>> > While I have your attention, be on the lookout for VTK 8.0. We will
>> > begin
>> > the release cycle for that soon. The new release bring vtk-m accelerated
>> > filters and at the same time an enforced requirement for C++11
>> > compilers.
>> > You can get a taste of what you'll see in the current VTK master branch.
>>
>> Aha, I didn't know 8.0 was around the corner. Does that mean there'll
>> be no 7.2? Not that it matters to me if it's called 7.2 or 8, just
>> curious :)
>>

> Yes there won't be a 7.2.
>
> There could be a 7.1.2 if something bad turns up in 7.1.1.

Alright, thanks for clarifying.

Elvis

>> Elvis
>>

>> > David E DeMarle
>> > Kitware, Inc.
>> > R&D Engineer
>> > 21 Corporate Drive
>> > Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
>> > Phone: 518-881-4909

>> > Powered by www.kitware.com

>> > Please keep messages on-topic and check the VTK FAQ at:
>> > http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Re: announce: vtk 7.1.1

Shark
Hi David,
Thank you for the heads up!

Question: is the vtkWindowLevelLookupTable and vtkLookupTable ForceBuild issue fixed in 7.1.1 or 8.0 ?

I mentioned it here: http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-7-1-issue-with-Window-Level-rendered-values-tp5742316p5742349.html

Best
shark

Re: announce: vtk 7.1.1

David Gobbi
Hi Shark,

I'm partly responsible for that, because even though I submitted a bug report, I forgot to assign a milestone:
The fix is still "in progress".

 - David

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 6:09 AM, Shark <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi David,
Thank you for the heads up!

Question: is the vtkWindowLevelLookupTable and vtkLookupTable ForceBuild
issue fixed in 7.1.1 or 8.0 ?

I mentioned it here:
http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-7-1-issue-with-Window-Level-rendered-values-tp5742316p5742349.html

Best
shark

Re: announce: vtk 7.1.1

Elvis Stansvik

> On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 5:18 PM, Elvis Stansvik
> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Just a short note to point out that we've put out a patch release for
>> > VTK
>> > 7.1.
>> >

>> Nice, I'll give it a go tomorrow!
>>

> thanks!

The upgrade was smooth for our application, everything seems to work.

Elvis