black contour instead of colors after vtkcutter

black contour instead of colors after vtkcutter

VTK - Users mailing list
Hello,

I am rendering a surface (vtkpolydata) using a vtkcolortransferfunction to map its scalar values to RGB colors (just red, yellow and green). That works without problem.

I have a different render window where I show 2D slices of a volume as I move a slider.

While I traverse the volume I want to show in addition to the 2D slices the cut of the surface that correspond to that 2D slices in that render window. I use vtkcutter and a plane at the position of the current 2D slice to do this. I see the 2D contour of the surface that correspond to that 2D slice but the colors are not correct. I do get some colors in some slices, but in some other slices I just get a black contour.

Does someone have an idea of why do I not get the same colors in the 3D surface and after the cut?

Thank you very much!

Cristina

Re: black contour instead of colors after vtkcutter

Simon Drouin
Make sure lighting in off and ambient is set to 1 in the vtkProp3D that renders the contour.

assuming the output of the vtkCutter goes into a vtkPolyDataMapper which in turn is connected to a vtkActor or vtkProp3D:

vtkProp3D * contourProp;
contourProp->GetProperty()->LightingOff();
contourProp->GetProperty()->SetAmbient(1.0);