building VTK with MinGW ?

Runar Lyngset

Has anyone successfully built the VTK library using MinGW? If so, I would be very interested in your configuration detatils.

I have attempted to build both VTK 5.0 and 4.4 using CMake 2.3 (CVS-version) with MinGW using GNU Make v. 3.80

VTK 4.4 comes up with multiple CMake errors and VTK 5.0 makefile compiles, but fails in linking the binaries.

If anyone sees what the problem might be, please respond.

Errors:

"Linking CXX static library ../bin/libvtkFiltering.a"

The input line is too long.

mingw32-make[2]: *** [bin/libvtkFiltering.a] Error 255

mingw32-make[1]: *** [Filtering/CMakeFiles/vtkFiltering.dir/all] Error 2

mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2

Runar Lyngset

Re: building VTK with MinGW ?

Vincent Nicolas-2
Hi,

The message said that the command line is too long, it's a problem of the Windows command prompt console.
If you install MSys (http://www.mingw.org/) you'll have a full unix terminal which should works fine.

Vincent NICOLAS
Communications and Remote Sensing Lab.
Universite catholique de Louvain