building vtk in 64-bit mode

mikewithascarf
I have been running into issues building VTK in 64-bit mode. I am using CMake 3.5.0, Visual Studio 2015 (Community), and VTK 7.0.0

When I try to build the projects in visual studio (in the VTK.sln solution file), I receive link errors for many of the projects like this:

LNK1112: module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'

I've double-checked that all the target machine types in the configuration manager are set to x64. Any help would be much appreciated. For reference, I can build in 32-bit mode without any issues.

Re: building vtk in 64-bit mode

aborsic
Hi,

Are both the CMake generator and the VS 2015 configuration set to x64 as
in the attached screenshots?

Best Regards,

Andrea

On 6/3/2016 11:34 PM, mikewithascarf via vtkusers wrote:

> I have been running into issues building VTK in 64-bit mode. I am using CMake
> 3.5.0, Visual Studio 2015 (Community), and VTK 7.0.0
>
> When I try to build the projects in visual studio (in the VTK.sln solution
> file), I receive link errors for many of the projects like this:
>
> LNK1112: module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'
>
> I've double-checked that all the target machine types in the configuration
> manager are set to x64. Any help would be much appreciated. For reference, I
> can build in 32-bit mode without any issues.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Andrea Borsic Ph.D.
Founder NE Scientific LLC
Tel: +1 603 676 7450
Web: www.ne-scientific.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ne_scientific

Cmake.PNG (22K) Download Attachment
VS 2015.PNG (13K) Download Attachment

Re: building vtk in 64-bit mode

mikewithascarf
The CMake note was the issue. Thank you!