change the point's coordinates

cerina
This post was updated on .
Hi All,
I wanna to know if there is a possibility  to change the point's coordinates at real-Time. It means that when i vusualize the mesh,and i pick on it, i want that i retrieve the picked point and i change its coordinates. I found a line which, normally, gives me this possibility :
this->Input->SetPointCoordinates(vtkIdType Point, double *x);??
Best Regards,

Cerina

Re: change the point's coordinates

David Doria-2-3
On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 6:40 PM, cerina <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,
I wanna to know if there is a possibility  to change the point's coordinates
at real-Time. It means that when i vusualize the mesh,and i pick on it, i
want that i retieve the picked point and i change its coordinates. I found a
line which, normally, gives me this possibility :
this->Input->SetPointCoordinates(vtkIdType Point, double *x);??
Best Regards,

Cerina

Why not just:

Input->GetPoints()->SetPoint(pointId, newCoordinates)

?

David

Re: change the point's coordinates

cerina
Thanks David,
But when I use the  picking example, and tried to get the point's coordinates, i didn't have an access to the Input and its members in order to change the coordinates to the new one!!!!
I'm new in vtk, so excuse me if i put many questions ,
Thanks,
Cerina
David Doria-2-3 wrote

David

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 6:45 AM, cerina <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks David,
But when I use the  picking example, and tried to get the point's
coordinates, i didn't have an access to the Input and its members in order
to change the coordinates to the new one!!!!
I'm new in vtk, so excuse me if i put many questions ,
Thanks,
Cerina

As usual:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/MinimalExample

There should never be a place where you cannot provide yourself access with whichever data you need.

David

Re: change the point's coordinates

cerina
Thanks David,
I  resolved the problem by creating a PolyData and set as input my file
thanks for the help
cerina