configuration of VTK with Qt

12

configuration of VTK with Qt

Sidou_3D
Hi all,

I want to configure Qt 4.7.4 with  Vtk 5.10.1 in Cmake,
but I still  receive this error:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:387 (MESSAGE):
  Qt 4.5.0 or greater not found.  Please check the QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE
  variable.

I do not find this file in the installation directory of Qt.
what should I do ??!

Thank you in advance

Re: configuration of VTK with Qt

John Drescher-2
> I want to configure Qt 4.7.4 with  Vtk 5.10.1 in Cmake,
> but I still  receive this error:
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:387 (MESSAGE):
>   Qt 4.5.0 or greater not found.  Please check the QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE
>   variable.
>
> <http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5718870/sidou111.png>
>

> I do not find this file in the installation directory of Qt.
> what should I do ??!

Set the value of the QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE in cmake-gui to the folder
containing the qmake executable. Then configure again.

John

Re: configuration of VTK with Qt

Sidou_3D
thank you for your answer

that is  exactly what I haven't  found in the directory of Qt

Re: configuration of VTK with Qt

John Drescher-2
> that is  exactly what I haven't  found in the directory of Qt

How did you install Qt?

John

Re: configuration of VTK with Qt

Sidou_3D
j'ai télécharger l'executable de lien suivant :
http://qt-project.org/downloads

I installed normally, I think that's the problem

is that exist another configuration of Qt ,

Ahmed

Re: configuration of VTK with Qt

Sidou_3D
sorry,

I download the executable Qt the following link
http://qt-project.org/downloads

Re: configuration of VTK with Qt

David Doria-2-3
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Sidou_3D <[hidden email]> wrote:
sorry,

I download the executable Qt the following link
http://qt-project.org/downloads

You should be looking for the 'qmake' executable. If you have Qt installed at all, you definitely have qmake.

In Linux:
sudo find / -name qmake

In Windows, I imagine it is just called qmake.exe (use Windows search to find it).

David

Re: configuration of VTK with Qt

Sidou_3D
Yes I already did,
 and it gives me the following result

 but cmake has not accepted any link to these directories

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Sidou_3D <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes I already did,
>  and it gives me the following result

Hmm. You have lots of versions of Qt installed. I assume you want the
last one for Visual Studio 2010 so browse for that folder in cmake-gui
for the value of QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE.

John

Re: configuration of VTK with Qt

Sidou_3D
sorry I don't understand I'm a beginner

yes I am using visual studio 2010

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Sidou_3D <[hidden email]> wrote:
> sorry I don't understand I'm a beginner
>
> yes I am using visual studio 2010

Click on the value part of the red variable for QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE
and when it opens a directory browser navigate to the path for the Qt
version that I mentioned in the last email.

John

Re: configuration of VTK with Qt

Hi Ahmed,

The Qt SDK itself contains many versions of the Qt libraries,
and it requires you to pick the one that matches your system.
Like John said, it is probably the one that is in a directory with
the same name as your compiler.

Once you find the right qmake.exe, you have to set this
CMake variable when you run CMakeSetup:

QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE

You have to set it to the full path to qmake.exe, so
whatever you set it to must end with \qmake.exe

 - David

it does not work as still the same problem

Re: configuration of VTK with Qt

Sidou_3D
ahhh , I did not even handpicked the file itself, I just select the folder, that's very stupid .

thank you very much John and David

ahmed

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 5:23 PM, Sidou_3D <[hidden email]> wrote:
> it does not work as still the same problem

After you put

C:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\msvc2010\bin\qmake.exe

into the box for QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE did you reconfigure?

If so there must be something wrong with your Qt. Did you move it
after installing?

John

John M. Drescher

Re: configuration of VTK with Qt

Sidou_3D
it works fine now thank you for your help

just one last question:

the render Window display for viewing in the GUI  is an OpenGL window of vtk or own of Qt Qui??

Ahmed

Re: configuration of VTK with Qt

Sidou_3D
thank you very much

and now after configuring Qt with Vtk in Cmake, I have a problem in generating projects in Visual Studio 2010 and i have this error :

I have  Windows 64 bits but the Qt is 32 bits ,because I don't found Qt 64 Bits on the Website for NOKIA.

is that  could pose a problem when compiling ?

Fwd: configuration of VTK with Qt

John Drescher-2