find_package(vtk) not supporting version anymore

find_package(vtk) not supporting version anymore

Simon Drouin
Hi All,

It seems the recent changes in vtk-config.cmake have dropped support for specifying a version when calling find_package( vtk ). It this the intended new behaviour?

See the modified c++ example from the vtk source attached. The output of cmake (3.10.1 on macOS 10.14) is the following:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:6 (find_package):
Could not find a configuration file for package "VTK" that is compatible
with requested version "8.90.0".

The following configuration files were considered but not accepted:

/Users/simon/ibis/vtk-git/build-deb-qt-5.9.7-osx-10.10/vtk-config.cmake, version: unknown

cmake doesn't seem to be able to determine the version now.

s.

CMakeLists.txt (528 bytes) Download Attachment
Cylinder.cxx (3K) Download Attachment

Re: find_package(vtk) not supporting version anymore

Bill Lorensen
Simon,

 tried on my cmakelists and it also fails for me.
I get the same error as you did.
Bill

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 9:43 PM Bill Lorensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Have you completely removed your VTK_DIR?
>
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2019, 8:47 PM Simon Drouin <[hidden email] wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> It seems the recent changes in vtk-config.cmake have dropped support for specifying a version when calling find_package( vtk ). It this the intended new behaviour?
>>
>> See the modified c++ example from the vtk source attached. The output of cmake (3.10.1 on macOS 10.14) is the following:
>>
>> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:6 (find_package):
>> Could not find a configuration file for package "VTK" that is compatible
>> with requested version "8.90.0".
>>
>> The following configuration files were considered but not accepted:
>>
>> /Users/simon/ibis/vtk-git/build-deb-qt-5.9.7-osx-10.10/vtk-config.cmake, version: unknown
>>

>> cmake doesn't seem to be able to determine the version now.
>>
>> s.

Unpaid intern in BillsParadise at noware dot com

Re: find_package(vtk) not supporting version anymore

VTK - Dev mailing list
On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 23:47:06 -0500, Simon Drouin wrote:

> It seems the recent changes in vtk-config.cmake have dropped support for
> specifying a version when calling find_package( vtk ). It this the intended
> new behaviour?
>
> See the modified c++ example from the vtk source attached. The output of
> cmake (3.10.1 on macOS 10.14) is the following:
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:6 (find_package):
> Could not find a configuration file for package "VTK" that is compatible
> with requested version "8.90.0".
>
> The following configuration files were considered but not accepted:
>
> /Users/simon/ibis/vtk-git/build-deb-qt-5.9.7-osx-10.10/vtk-config.cmake,
> version: unknown

Ah, this is with the `vtk-config.cmake` at the top-level of the build
tree. It doesn't have a version file beside it. MR coming up soon.

--Ben

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 09:38:04 -0500, Ben Boeckel wrote:
> Ah, this is with the `vtk-config.cmake` at the top-level of the build
> tree. It doesn't have a version file beside it. MR coming up soon.

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/5069

--Ben

Re: find_package(vtk) not supporting version anymore

Simon Drouin
Excellent. I just tested the MR and it works here.