how can I reconstruct a thing and can use mouse to choose a part of it to see?

how can I reconstruct a thing and can use mouse to choose a part of it to see?

fyy5581
Hi,
The object I reconstructed is spine, it has many vertebra,how can I reconstruct the whole spine and then use mouse to choose the part I want to operate on?
I am a new user of VTK. I want to know Maching cubes or Ray casting is suitable for my goal?
Thank you very much!!

Vivian