no pointID in polydata with PointPicker

flywideincode
Hi everybody,
I'm using vtk in order to visualize some data of a data cloud via
vtkpolydata. When using pointPicker, I get the position of the pick, but
unfortunately I always receive a -1 for the pointID with getPointID.
I also cannot the Interactor()->Start() as it causes the error
"QVTKInteractor cannot control the event loop". (the polydata are visualized
in a widget, which is part of a qtcreater window).

Does anybody has an idea, why this happens? Thanks!