(no subject)

David E DeMarle
Hi,

Does anyone have work in progress that should delay the branch point for VTK 8.2?

We would like to branch and start the release candidate cycle for 8.2 now. The top issues that are driving this release are: a desire to deprecate support for Visual Studio 2013 in order to get a more complete c++11 basis, and a  desire to start getting Ben's CMake updates tested in master on all of the dashboards. Branching now will let us preserve everyone's improvements in master within an easy to migrate to official release.

Thanks,

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: 518-881-4909

Re: (no subject)

Will Schroeder-2
Dave-

If you can give me a few days I'd like to push the high speed unstructured isocontouring that I am just finishing up....

Best,

[...]

William J. Schroeder, PhD
Kitware, Inc. - Building the World's Technical Computing Software
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065
[hidden email]
http://www.kitware.com
(518) 881-4902

Re: (no subject)

David E DeMarle
Thanks.

Please try and get it merged to master by Friday. If that is not possible ping me and we'll figure something out.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive