open.cdash.org updated

Zack Galbreath-2
Hi folks,

I just upgraded open.cdash.org.  The most visible change you'll notice is that the Update column now shows the commit that was built rather than the number of files that changed.

Going forward, I've set a reminder for myself to upgrade open.cdash.org once a month around this time (the 21st).

Re: [CDash] open.cdash.org updated

Zack Galbreath-2
On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Nils Gladitz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Could the prebuilt branch be updated along with it?

Good idea!  I just updated the prebuilt branch too.

Re: [ITK-dev] open.cdash.org updated

Zack Galbreath-2
On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Bill Lorensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Zach,

I don't see that behavior on the VTK dashboard.
https://open.cdash.org/viewUpdate.php?buildid=4778001

For comparison, I rolled back testing.cdash.org to a previous commit so we can compare and contrast.

This data was also missing before the latest upgrade, but it was easier to identify builds with meaningful update data because they didn't have "0" in this column.

I'll work with the VTK team to get good update info for all our recurring builds.

Re: [ITK-dev] open.cdash.org updated

Bill Lorensen
Thanks!

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 1:24 PM, Zack Galbreath
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Bill Lorensen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Zach,
>>
>> I don't see that behavior on the VTK dashboard.
>> https://open.cdash.org/viewUpdate.php?buildid=4778001
>

> For comparison, I rolled back testing.cdash.org to a previous commit so we
> can compare and contrast.
>
> https://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=VTK&date=2017-02-21
> http://testing.cdash.org/index.php?project=VTK&date=2017-02-21
>
> This data was also missing before the latest upgrade, but it was easier to
> identify builds with meaningful update data because they didn't have "0" in
> this column.
>
> I'll work with the VTK team to get good update info for all our recurring
> builds.

Re: [ITK-dev] open.cdash.org updated

Matt McCormick-2
Hi Zack,

Thanks for the updates!

Another bug I noticed, that I think we present before the recent
upgrade, too, is that when clicking one "expected" checkbox, it
enables all other "expected" checkboxes.

Thanks,
Matt

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 2:43 PM, Matt McCormick <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Zack,

Thanks for the updates!

Another bug I noticed, that I think we present before the recent
upgrade, too, is that when clicking one "expected" checkbox, it
enables all other "expected" checkboxes.

I see what you mean.  These boxes are checked if your local representation of this build has its expected value set to 1.  So if you check it for one group they all get turned on.  So technically I think it's doing the right thing here, but I agree that it looks funny.

This indicates to me that our UI for this form could stand to be improved.  I'll whip something up and request feedback.

Re: open.cdash.org updated

Sean McBride
On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 09:57:31 -0500, Zack Galbreath said:

>I just upgraded open.cdash.org.  The most visible change you'll notice is
>that the Update column now shows the commit that was built rather than the
>number of files that changed.

I notice it doesn't show this for my cppcheck VTK dashboards.  Is that a cdash bug, or something about the way I submit the results?  Would be nice to have it there...

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 [hidden email]
Rogue Research                        www.rogue-research.com
Mac Software Developer              Montréal, Québec, Canada

Re: open.cdash.org updated

It looks like cdash is confused by certain hexadecimal numbers.  For example, 312e67 is shown as 3.12e69

 - David

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 1:39 PM, David Gobbi <[hidden email]> wrote:
It looks like cdash is confused by certain hexadecimal numbers.  For example, 312e67 is shown as 3.12e69

Thanks, this should be fixed now.

Re: open.cdash.org updated

Zack Galbreath-2
On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 1:27 PM, Sean McBride <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 09:57:31 -0500, Zack Galbreath said:

>I just upgraded open.cdash.org.  The most visible change you'll notice is
>that the Update column now shows the commit that was built rather than the
>number of files that changed.

I notice it doesn't show this for my cppcheck VTK dashboards.  Is that a cdash bug, or something about the way I submit the results?  Would be nice to have it there...

You need to call ctest_update() to generate this info for CDash.  If some other process is already responsible for doing the git pull, you can tell CTest to do a "version only" update like so:

set(CTEST_UPDATE_VERSION_ONLY 1)
ctest_update()