pipeline question

Lodron, Gerald

Hi

I made a vtk source with 5 outputs and time data. I am getting the requested time from output 0. I included the source into paraview. The problem is that the request Data function gets called 5 times (because of 5 outputs). Is there a way to get the output port index of the requested data function call?

Also the requested time is only valid from those which are currently needed (visible in paraview), so I really need the requested port….

best regards….

--

Gerald Lodron

Machine Vision Applications

DIGITAL – Institute of Information and Communication Technologies

Steyrergasse 17, 8010 Graz, AUSTRIA

phone:  +43-316-876-1751

mobile:  +43-650-9792458

general fax: +43-316-876-1751

web:    http://www.joanneum.at/digital

e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: pipeline question

David Gobbi

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 12:58 AM Lodron, Gerald <[hidden email]> wrote:

I made a vtk source with 5 outputs and time data. I am getting the requested time from output 0. I included the source into paraview. The problem is that the request Data function gets called 5 times (because of 5 outputs). Is there a way to get the output port index of the requested data function call?

int outputPort = request->Get(vtkDemandDrivenPipeline::FROM_OUTPUT_PORT());

if outputPort has the special value -1, then all outputs should be generated.

   David

Re: pipeline question

Lodron, Gerald

ah, ok, great. i already found that FROM_OUTPUT_PORT after parsing many examples. But did not check for -1. Thanks…

I also noticed a starnge behaviour in time:

When I use TIME_STEPS in RequestInformation with a double array of descrete (e.g.1,2,3,4) values, shouldn’t I get only those requests from paraview (so that i do not need to recompute e.g. requests of 1.1 and 1.2 which will be both 1 from TIME_STEPS)?

I still get continues values from UPDATE_TIME_STEP, e.g. 1.1 and 1.2. Is that behaviour a bug or a feature?

best regards

Gerald

Re: pipeline question

Mohamed Amine Mzoughi

Hello Gerald,

I also noticed that in Catalyst (look at my last message here : https://discourse.paraview.org/t/is-it-possible-to-add-new-connections-to-a-fitler-port-via-the-pipeline-browser/1149/7) :

I have a vtk HDF writer in which I tested adding a second connection in Port 0, but with 2 connections, vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::UPDATE_TIME_STEP doesn't contain an epoch anymore but incremental reals in both connections (2 filters output).

So, if someone can give us an explanation and a fix that would be great ? I wish there's a good resource explaining and demystifying VTK pipeline architecture.

Regards.