raycasting initially renders at low resolution

raycasting initially renders at low resolution

The Merper
Hi VTK-experts,
   I'm working on an app for viewing CT scans in 3D or 2D. When I initially render the CT scan in 3D, the raycast rendering looks great (see the attached normalResolution.png). However, when I switch from a 2D view (performed via a vtkImageViewer2) back to the 3D raycast rendering, the resolution is low (see the attached lowResolution.png). As soon as I interact with the 3D rendering, the resolution returns to normal.
   Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I have AutoAdjustSampleDistance set to "off" on the vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper that I'm using for the raycasting. I would have thought that this would keep the resolution of the raycasting constant.
    thank you in advance,
      -Merps

lowResolution.png (103K) Download Attachment
normalResolution.png (102K) Download Attachment

Re: raycasting initially renders at low resolution

VTK - Users mailing list
Hello,

Would you mind posting your question to https://discourse.vtk.org? Community support for VTK is transitioning to that forum, and you are more likely to get an answer there.

Thanks,