saving a volume rendered dicom image(3d image)

saving a volume rendered dicom image(3d image)

aiswaryakv
I am a new VTK user. I can display a 3d volume rendered image in qt.(Qt is my
working platform). Now I should save this volume rendered image to a local
file. The image should be saved as follows:
If I done some modifications in the image (rotation, translation etc.) that
image view must be saved in a file and further when I click for that image
the modified image should be displayed.
How can I solve this problem?
I have attached my 3d image view code.
3dViewer.cpp <http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/t342696/3dViewer.cpp>

--
Sent from: http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-Dev-f1251487.html

Re: saving a volume rendered dicom image(3d image)

VTK - Dev mailing list

Hi,

If you would like to save the transformed volume data, you would have to apply the camera transform to the volume and save it to DICOM (using the vtk-dicom module) or a *.vti file (using vtkXMLImageDataWriter).

If you’d just like to restore the camera interactions from the previous run, just save the camera parameters and re-apply them when restoring.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Sankhesh

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 12:45 AM aiswaryakv <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am a new VTK user. I can display a 3d volume rendered image in qt.(Qt is my
working platform). Now I should save this volume rendered image to a local
file. The image should be saved as follows:
If I done some modifications in the image (rotation, translation etc.) that
image view must be saved in a file and further when I click for that image
the modified image should be displayed.
How can I solve this problem?
I have attached my 3d image view code.
3dViewer.cpp <http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/t342696/3dViewer.cpp

--
Sent from: http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-Dev-f1251487.html

Sankhesh Jhaveri
Sr. Research & Development Engineer | Kitware | (518) 881-4417

Re: saving a volume rendered dicom image(3d image)

aiswaryakv
Can you post an example of saving the image to DICOM using vtk-dicom module?
Thanks for your reply.

--
Sent from: http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-Dev-f1251487.html

Re: saving a volume rendered dicom image(3d image)

aiswaryakv
How can i get the camera parameters or positions of the image?

--
Sent from: http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-Dev-f1251487.html

Re: saving a volume rendered dicom image(3d image)

VTK - Dev mailing list

Hi,

Take a look at TestDicomWriter for an example.

As for camera parameters, you just need to save the global camera parameters via queries like renderer->GetActiveCamera()->GetPosition().

Hope that helps.

Best,

Sankhesh

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 1:56 AM aiswaryakv <[hidden email]> wrote:
How can i get the camera parameters or positions of the image?

--
Sent from: http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-Dev-f1251487.html

Re: saving a volume rendered dicom image(3d image)

aiswaryakv
Great Thanks for the information. I got the result in rotation process what I
expected. But this is not working in translation and scaling. What can I do
for that?

--
Sent from: http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-Dev-f1251487.html