set name to actor and display it with mouse hover

set name to actor and display it with mouse hover

smurphy
Hello,

I would like to assign names to individual actors and that the actor name
gets displayed temporarily when the mouse is hovered over it.

The closest example I could find is this one:
https://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Python/Interaction/HighlightAPickedActor

Instead of clicking and the sphere turning red, I would like for a text to
be displayed next to the mouse (e.g  "this is sphere number 1"). Ideally
when hovering, but on click is also fine.

Is this, or something equivalent, possible in vtk? (I would later also try
it in vtk.js)

Thanks,
Sebastien

Re: set name to actor and display it with mouse hover

smurphy
this looks perfect. Thanks!