splinewidget with projection

Jose Barreto
This post was updated on .
How can I make a splinewidget look like this?

I'm going to use it with one of Jerome Velut's classes for panoramica. The values of this projection along the vector (top-bottom) are parameters for the size of parasagittal cuts.

Re: splinewidget with projection

Dean Inglis-2
Hi Jose,

it looks like you are trying to replicate functionality provided
by annesolutions or bluesky bio in their surgical planning software.
I wrote custom code for panoramic dental imaging and examples to demonstrate
their use for them a while ago.  Maybe they still have the code?
The example I wrote that can produce a very similar set of contours made use
of vtkContourWidget, vtkOrientedGlyphContourRepresentation and then setting
the contour representation's cursor shape and active cursor shape with the output of
a pipeline made of:
vtkCylinderSource (make a capped cylinder with small height to straddle the image)
vtkTransformPolyDataFilter  (align the cylinder perpendicular to the image)

you could use vtkCubeSource for the square glyphs.
The outer two coutours were generated by one custom widget that had two
handles at each end for controlling the thickness of the panoramic image slab.
- Dean

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5741501/spline-2.png>

I'm going to use it with one of Jerome Velut's classes for panoramica. The
values of this projection along the vector (top-bottom) are parameters for
the size of parasagittal cuts.

Re: splinewidget with projection

Jose Barreto
Thank you.

With the objects that you mentioned above I already have a better idea.
I was using splinewidget-> getpolydata () to get my input polygon.
I  was picking up the thickness with a separate box.

Are you Brazilian?

About the code you said you created an example, Do you have access to it? Or can you give me some contact with who has his rights today?

Re: splinewidget with projection

zandarina
Dear all,

I have implemented the panoramic view but i also want to implement it as
this software you mention. that is, when we scroll we update the panoramic
image and the implementation is a bit slow. By now i am doing it with
vtkimagereslicer. For not getting lines when i apply a big thickness, i use
small divisions of the spline in terms of spacing so the image i get is
correct but the problem i need to get many slices in order of 500 and this
is slow. And the problem comes when i want to move the dental curve and
update the panoramic that it gets very slow. Any optimization to do that?.
Or any other way to compute the panoramic. I have made my own implementation
and i have also tried the code
https://www.paraview.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/CurvedReformation
that it does exactly this but with this code, i get also the panoramic but
the speed is even worse.

Thanks