visualize two 3D meshes in the same renderwindow

visualize two 3D meshes in the same renderwindow

cerina
Hello,
Is it possible to visualize to meshes ( eg: rabbit and apple) in the same window!!??? , i see an example in which they use two sphereSource, and they give the coordinate for the second spheresource's center. Is it possible for all types of meshes to do that???if so, how can I organize my meshes in the window!!!
Best Regards,
Cerina

Re: visualize two 3D meshes in the same renderwindow

David Doria-2-3
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 4:17 PM, cerina <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
Is it possible to visualize to meshes ( eg: rabbit and apple) in the same
window!!??? , i see an example in which they use two sphereSource, and they
give the coordinate for the second spheresource's center. Is it possible for
all types of meshes to do that???if so, how can I organize my meshes in the
window!!!

It is possible!!! There is nothing magic about the SphereSources - they just produce a vtkPolyData. You should have your meshes (the output of a vtkXMLPolyDataReader most likely?) as vtkPolyData as well.

You can position/orient the actor that you produce from the vtkPolyData using something like this:

I suggest you take a look at the "Transformations" slide set here: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Presentations

Good luck!!!

David

Re: visualize two 3D meshes in the same renderwindow

cerina
Thanks David for your answer