vtk 8.2.rc2 and python 3.7.1 install weirdness

vtk 8.2.rc2 and python 3.7.1 install weirdness

kayarre
Hi all,
  I am trying to build vmtk which builds ITK and VTK. I was able to get it to all compile, but the python wrappers are getting installed in
${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/lib/python3.7/site-packages/vtkmodules

instead of
${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/python3.7/site-packages/vtkmodules

can someone help identify where the build is adding the additional /lib?

Regards,
 ~Kurt
--
Kurt Sansom

Re: vtk 8.2.rc2 and python 3.7.1 install weirdness

VTK - Users mailing list
Hi Kurt,

I am thinking that this had to do with this change

Which changed the install location rules a bit.

Note that in rc2, VTK_INSTALL_PYTHON_MODULE_DIR was restored but renamed to VTK_INSTALL_PYTHON_MODULES_DIR which has an extra S.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer