vtk + openvr + python

Serge K.
Hi All,

I just compiled VTK 8.1.1 with OpenVR 1.0.15 and python wrapping (windows 64bit - python 3.6)

When I import vtk module in a python interpreter, I do not have access to these functions :
- vtk.vtkOpenVRRenderer()
- vtk.vtkOpenVRRenderWindow()
- vtk.vtkOpenVRRenderWindowInteractor()
- vtk.vtkOpenVRCustomInteractorStyle()

The only available function is : vtkRenderingOpenVRObjectFactory.
Below, this is what I obtain after a "dir"

In [5]: import vtk.vtkRenderingOpenVRPython as vr

In [6]: dir(vr)
Out[6]:
['__doc__',
 '__file__',
 '__loader__',
 '__name__',
 '__package__',
 '__spec__',
 'vtkRenderingOpenVRObjectFactory']

Is it normal? Did I forget something during compilation step?  What did I do wrong? How can I get these functions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion

Serge K.

Re: vtk + openvr + python

Ken Martin
I think this is fixed in VTK master. - Ken

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 11:24 AM, Serge K. <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ken Martin PhD
Distinguished Engineer
Kitware Inc.
101 East Weaver Street