vtkActor2D and layer ordering ?

Petar Petrov

I found at least 3 ways that might influence z-order of 2D actors:

1) vtkActor2D->SetLayerNumber(int)
2) vtkImageMapper->SetZSlice()
3) vtkProperty2D->SetDsiplayToBackground/Foreground()

None of which seems to do the job. also previous similar question:

Before vtk7.0, at least point 3 was working, now in vtk7.0 it also stopped working.

So my question is how can I influence z-ordering of 2Dactors as per latest vtk?

Cheers,
Petar

Re: vtkActor2D and layer ordering ?

Andras Lasso

I would be interested in this, too.

When building 3D Slicer with OpenGL backend then everything works well. Switching to OpenGL2 bckend improves performance, fixes transparent polydata rendering, and volume rendering (great!), but there are 2D actor ordering issues all over the place.

How 2D actor ordering is changed in OpenGL2 and what should we change in our applications to have the same behavior as with OpenGL?

Andras

Re: vtkActor2D and layer ordering ?

Ken Martin
I believe Bill Lorensen has/had a patch related to 2d actor depth in the new OpenGL backend that has been merged into master

does that fix the issue?

Thanks
Ken

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 8:04 AM, Andras Lasso <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Ken Martin PhD
Chairman & CFO
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065
518 371 3971

Re: vtkActor2D and layer ordering ?

Andras Lasso

Unfortunately, that doesn’t fix the ordering issues for me. I’ll try to create a simple example to demonstrate the problem.

Andras

Re: vtkActor2D and layer ordering ?

Tharun
This post was updated on .
same here. i recently upgraded from vtk 5.8 to vtk 7.1.1 and I am stuck with
this. Any help is highly appreciated.

Simple example can be found here

--
Sent from: http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-Dev-f1251487.html