vtkArrayIteratorTemplate.txx compiles in VTK but not in ParaView

vtkArrayIteratorTemplate.txx compiles in VTK but not in ParaView

Andrew Maclean

In ParaView, static build, vtkArrayIteratorTemplate.txx fails to build
because endl is not declared in this scope on lines 129 and 132. Now this is
easily fixed by adding #include <iomanip> and prefacing the offending endl
with the scope resolution operator vtkstd::. But I am not sure that this is
the best solution. My uncertainty here is because I am wondering why VTK
compiles Ok without these changes.

So I haven’t flagged this as a bug in the bug-tracker.

Is it possible CMake for Paraview is not including something?

By the way, this is a Linux build, using gcc-4.0.3 and the latest files from
the CVS.

Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Centre for Autonomous Systems
The Rose Street Building J04
The University of Sydney  2006  NSW
AUSTRALIA
Ph: +61 2 9351 3283
Fax: +61 2 9351 7474

Re: vtkArrayIteratorTemplate.txx compiles in VTK but not in ParaView

Utkarsh Ayachit
This problem should now be fixed on the CVS head. The problem was that
vtkArrayIteratorTemplate.txx gets included in the wrapper files. Now,
for wrapper files vtkSystemIncludes.h does not include vtkIOStream.h
instead only forward declares the streams using vtkIOStreamFwd.h which
does not declare endl. Hence endl is not available in the wrapper files.
 Fixed that by getting rid of the endls.
Note that vtkArrayIteratorTemplate.txx gets included in the wrapper
files only when VTK_NO_EXPLICIT_TEMPLATE_INSTANTIATION is defined.

Utkarsh

Andrew Maclean wrote:

> In ParaView, static build, vtkArrayIteratorTemplate.txx fails to build
> because endl is not declared in this scope on lines 129 and 132. Now this is
> easily fixed by adding #include <iomanip> and prefacing the offending endl
> with the scope resolution operator vtkstd::. But I am not sure that this is
> the best solution. My uncertainty here is because I am wondering why VTK
> compiles Ok without these changes.
>
> So I haven’t flagged this as a bug in the bug-tracker.
>
> Is it possible CMake for Paraview is not including something?
>
> By the way, this is a Linux build, using gcc-4.0.3 and the latest files from
> the CVS.
>
> Andrew

> Andrew J. P. Maclean
> Centre for Autonomous Systems
> The Rose Street Building J04
> The University of Sydney  2006  NSW
> AUSTRALIA
> Ph: +61 2 9351 3283
> Fax: +61 2 9351 7474

RE: vtkArrayIteratorTemplate.txx compiles in VTK but not in ParaView

Andrew Maclean
Hi Utkarsh
Thanks for the explanation. It is really appreciated because I was really
puzzled about it.

Andrew