vtkDebugLeaks

cel02000
Dear All,

After my code finishes, vtkDebugLeaks reports that it has detected leaks. I have attached the image of the report. I have checked my code carefully and all the vtk objects I used are removed by Delete() function. Could someone give me some hints on how to detect these leaks? My code starts with low RAM and when it gets to the end of the code it uses 50GB of RAM!

One other thing I noticed is that vtkDebugLeaks reported there is some instances of vtkCellData, vtkPointData, vtkInformation, vtkInformationIntegerValue, vtkIdTypeArray, vtkFloatArray, and vtkFieldData which I have not used in my code.

I would appreciate any help.

Best,
Ahmad

Re: vtkDebugLeaks

Bill Lorensen
Without seeing your code, there is little we can do to help.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 7:04 PM, cel02000 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear All,

After my code finishes, vtkDebugLeaks reports that it has detected leaks. I
have attached the image of the report. I have checked my code carefully and
all the vtk objects I used are removed by Delete() function. Could someone
give me some hints on how to detect these leaks? My code starts with low RAM
and when it gets to the end of the code it uses 50GB of RAM!

One other thing I noticed is that vtkDebugLeaks reported there is some
instances of vtkCellData, vtkPointData, vtkInformation,
vtkInformationIntegerValue, vtkIdTypeArray, vtkFloatArray, and vtkFieldData
which I have not used in my code.

I would appreciate any help.

Best,
Ahmad

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5716341/vtkDebugLeaks00.png>

Re: vtkDebugLeaks

Alex Malyushytskyy
It does not matter that you do not use code (vtkFieldData for example)
explicitly.

If you called New for a class which creates such objects internally
you will get them reported.
vtkDebugLeaks does not give you easy readable information where the
problem occurs,
it is the best to use it from the scratch, so as soon new feature
added  you can see that problem exist.

Try to disable as much code as possible and get to the point where no
leaks are reported, turn features on by small portions and test again.

Alex