vtkDelaunay2D too slow

bsxside

Hi all,

I have a laser point cloud  (txt file with xyz values) of which I generate a vtkPolyData with points. I am running Delaunay2D on it to get a surface.

For 360.000 points vtkDelaunay2D takes around 2 minutes. As this number of points is a small point cloud, this is too long for a customer application.

Any hints, how to increase computation speed?

Thank you very much in advance!

Bea

Beatrix Schober
Image Acquisition Development

STEMMER IMAGING | Telefon: +49 89 80902-750
[hidden email] | www.stemmer-imaging.de

STEMMER IMAGING GmbH | Gutenbergstr. 9-13 | 82178 Puchheim, Deutschland
Registergericht München HR B 82026 | Geschäftsführer: Wilhelm Stemmer, Christof Zollitsch

Re: vtkDelaunay2D too slow

Bill Lorensen
Vtk7.1 has some new point cloud filters. For Example See http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Points/ExtractSurface

On Mar 31, 2017 7:15 AM, "Schober Beatrix [STEMMER IMAGING GmbH]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

I have a laser point cloud  (txt file with xyz values) of which I generate a vtkPolyData with points. I am running Delaunay2D on it to get a surface.

For 360.000 points vtkDelaunay2D takes around 2 minutes. As this number of points is a small point cloud, this is too long for a customer application.

Any hints, how to increase computation speed?

Thank you very much in advance!

Bea

Beatrix Schober
Image Acquisition Development

STEMMER IMAGING | Telefon: <a href="tel:+49%2089%2080902750" value="+498980902750" target="_blank">+49 89 80902-750
[hidden email] | www.stemmer-imaging.de

STEMMER IMAGING GmbH | Gutenbergstr. 9-13 | 82178 Puchheim, Deutschland
Registergericht München HR B 82026 | Geschäftsführer: Wilhelm Stemmer, Christof Zollitsch

On Mar 31, 2017 7:15 AM, "Schober Beatrix [STEMMER IMAGING GmbH]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

I have a laser point cloud  (txt file with xyz values) of which I generate a vtkPolyData with points. I am running Delaunay2D on it to get a surface.

For 360.000 points vtkDelaunay2D takes around 2 minutes. As this number of points is a small point cloud, this is too long for a customer application.

Any hints, how to increase computation speed?

Thank you very much in advance!

Bea

Beatrix Schober
Image Acquisition Development

STEMMER IMAGING | Telefon: <a href="tel:&#43;49%2089%2080902750" target="_blank">+49 89 80902-750