vtkExtractGeometry ExtractOnlyBoundaryCellsOn not working as expected?

vtkExtractGeometry ExtractOnlyBoundaryCellsOn not working as expected?

Hong Yi

Hello,

I am trying to use vtkExtractGeometry to extract only boundary cells on a cutting plane by passing in the cutting plane as an implicit function. I set ExtractOnlyBoundaryCellsOn and ExtractBoundaryCellsOn on vtkExtractGeometry. However, all geometry cells that are inside the implicit function (i.e., all geometry cells on one side of the cutting plane) are always extracted also regardless ExtractOnlyBoundaryCells being on. Is this a bug or I missed something to get it working correctly?

Many thanks for any pointers on this.

Hong

Re: vtkExtractGeometry ExtractOnlyBoundaryCellsOn not working as expected?

Yumin Yuan
This bug has been there for a long long time (since 2004), and it is recently reported from Paraview (http://paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=14054)

I have a fix on VTK-Gerrit (http://review.source.kitware.com/#/t/2765/), but it won't be merged into master until VTK6.0 is branched, because we are in code-freeze.

Yumin