vtkImporter subclass may break OpenVR application

vtkImporter subclass may break OpenVR application

Carlos Lopez
Hello,

I'd like to share an issue I've  been tracking with an application that uses OpenVR where the window would close suddenly.

The issue is related to vtkImporter, as I was using a subclass that did not need access to the main vtkOpenVRRenderWindow, so it defaulted to creating its own render window.

Clearing vtkImporter also calls the vtkOpenVRRenderWindow destructor, which shuts down the connections to the OpenVR system for the whole app.

This strange interaction is enabled when compiling VTK with the factory option for OpenVR.

best,
carlos