vtkMPI problems

Osarobo Famous Okhuahesogie
Hi All,

 I have installed VTK on my computer. However, when I try to configure the example /ParallelProcessing/Generic/Cxx using CMake, I get the following error message.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:3 (include):
include could not find load file:

vtkMPI

CMake Error at C:/VTK-8.1.1/src/CMake/vtkModuleAPI.cmake:143 (message):
Requested modules not available:

vtkRenderingParallel
Call Stack (most recent call first):
C:/VTK-8.1.1/build2/VTKConfig.cmake:127 (vtk_module_config)
CMakeLists.txt:5 (find_package)

CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
No cmake_minimum_required command is present. A line of code such as

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.13)

should be added at the top of the file. The version specified may be lower
if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project. For more
information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

Here is the content of CMakeLists.txt used for the configuration:

INCLUDE_REGULAR_EXPRESSION("^(lex|vtk|png|j|Task|Pipe).*$") include(vtkMPI) find_package(VTK COMPONENTS vtkImagingCore vtkImagingGeneral vtkFiltersCore vtkFiltersSources vtkParallelMPI vtkRenderingCore vtkRenderingParallel vtkTestingCore vtkTestingRendering ) include(${VTK_USE_FILE}) # Needed for mpich 2 ADD_DEFINITIONS("-DMPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK") ADD_EXECUTABLE(ParallelIso ParallelIso.cxx) TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(ParallelIso LINK_PRIVATE ${VTK_LIBRARIES}) VTK_MPI_LINK(ParallelIso) SET(TaskPara_SRCS TaskParallelism.cxx task1.cxx task2.cxx) ADD_EXECUTABLE(TaskParallelism ${TaskPara_SRCS}) TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES (TaskParallelism ${VTK_LIBRARIES}) # ADD_EXECUTABLE(SimpleBenchmark SimpleBenchmark.cxx) # TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(SimpleBenchmark vtkParallel ${MPI_LIBRARIES} )

I will appreciate if anyone is able to suggest ways to solve the problem

Thanks

Famous

Re: vtkMPI problems

kenichiro yoshimi
Hi,

The following CMakeLists.txt eliminates the errors if all required
modules are installed.

----
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.3 FATAL_ERROR)
project(ParallelProcessingGeneric)

find_package(VTK
  COMPONENTS
    vtkImagingCore
    vtkImagingGeneral
    vtkFiltersCore
    vtkFiltersSources
    vtkParallelMPI
    vtkRenderingCore
    vtkRenderingParallel
    vtkTestingCore
    vtkTestingRendering
)
include(${VTK_USE_FILE})
include(vtkMPI)

add_executable(ParallelIso ParallelIso.cxx)
target_link_libraries(ParallelIso
  PRIVATE
    ${VTK_LIBRARIES})

set(TaskPara_SRCS
  TaskParallelism.cxx
  task1.cxx
  task2.cxx)

add_executable(TaskParallelism
  ${TaskPara_SRCS})
target_link_libraries(TaskParallelism
  PRIVATE
    ${VTK_LIBRARIES})
----

Regards,

2019年1月9日(水) 18:12 Osarobo Famous Okhuahesogie <[hidden email]>:

> Hi All,
>
>  I have installed VTK on my computer. However, when I try to configure the example /ParallelProcessing/Generic/Cxx using CMake, I get the following error message.
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:3 (include):
> include could not find load file:
>
> vtkMPI
>
> CMake Error at C:/VTK-8.1.1/src/CMake/vtkModuleAPI.cmake:143 (message):
> Requested modules not available:
>
> vtkRenderingParallel
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
> C:/VTK-8.1.1/build2/VTKConfig.cmake:127 (vtk_module_config)
> CMakeLists.txt:5 (find_package)
>
> CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
> No cmake_minimum_required command is present. A line of code such as
>
> cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.13)
>
> should be added at the top of the file. The version specified may be lower
> if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project. For more
> information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
> This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.
>

> Here is the content of CMakeLists.txt used for the configuration:
>

> INCLUDE_REGULAR_EXPRESSION("^(lex|vtk|png|j|Task|Pipe).*$") include(vtkMPI) find_package(VTK COMPONENTS vtkImagingCore vtkImagingGeneral vtkFiltersCore vtkFiltersSources vtkParallelMPI vtkRenderingCore vtkRenderingParallel vtkTestingCore vtkTestingRendering ) include(${VTK_USE_FILE}) # Needed for mpich 2 ADD_DEFINITIONS("-DMPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK") ADD_EXECUTABLE(ParallelIso ParallelIso.cxx) TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(ParallelIso LINK_PRIVATE ${VTK_LIBRARIES}) VTK_MPI_LINK(ParallelIso) SET(TaskPara_SRCS TaskParallelism.cxx task1.cxx task2.cxx) ADD_EXECUTABLE(TaskParallelism ${TaskPara_SRCS}) TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES (TaskParallelism ${VTK_LIBRARIES}) # ADD_EXECUTABLE(SimpleBenchmark SimpleBenchmark.cxx) # TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(SimpleBenchmark vtkParallel ${MPI_LIBRARIES} )
>

> I will appreciate if anyone is able to suggest ways to solve the problem
>

> Thanks
>

> Famous

Re: vtkMPI problems

Osarobo Famous Okhuahesogie
Hi Kenichiro,

Thanks for the CMakeList you provided. It works fine now.

Kind Regards

Famous