Quantcast

vtkParametricFunctionSource producing non-manifold edges

vtkParametricFunctionSource producing non-manifold edges

RobertS
I'm generating torus using vtkParametricTorus and vtkParametricFunctionSource. The problem is, that the vtkParametricFunctionSource is producing non-manifold edges in the resulting object, so I cannot use subdivision filters on it.

Is there any filter that can be used to remove these non-manifold edges?

This wasn't happening in VTK 5, here the torus doesn't have any non-manifold edges.

Re: vtkParametricFunctionSource producing non-manifold edges

kenichiro yoshimi
Hi Robert,

I have the same problem with vtkParametricTorus and need to set the
following options related to the triangle strips to solve this
problem.

  vtkSmartPointer<vtkParametricTorus> parametricObject =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkParametricTorus>::New();
  parametricObject->JoinUOff();
  parametricObject->JoinVOff();
  parametricObject->JoinWOff();

Regards,
yoshimi

> I'm generating torus using vtkParametricTorus and
> vtkParametricFunctionSource. The problem is, that the
> vtkParametricFunctionSource is producing non-manifold edges in the resulting
> object, so I cannot use subdivision filters on it.
>
> Is there any filter that can be used to remove these non-manifold edges?
>
> This wasn't happening in VTK 5, here the torus doesn't have any non-manifold
> edges.

Re: vtkParametricFunctionSource producing non-manifold edges

Andrew Maclean-3
I have a solution.

If you set:
torus = vtk.vtkParametricTorus()
torus.JoinUOff()
torus.JoinVOff()
This will work. I tested using vtkButterflySubdivisionFilter and vtkLinearSubdivisionFilter
You can also get away just using torus.JoinUOff()

This also works for vtkParametricBoy and vtkParametricEllipsoid.
Regards
   Andrew

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 7:29 AM, Bill Lorensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was able to verify the issue.