vtkPlaneSource- display a plane in my vtkWindow

vtkPlaneSource- display a plane in my vtkWindow

Mark Hervagault
Hi guys,

I try to create a plan in my Window. Do you have a small program that does just that to help me please?

It will be great ...

Thank you !

Re: vtkPlaneSource- display a plane in my vtkWindow

David Cole-2
> I try to create a plan in my Window. Do you have a small program that
> does just that to help me please?

Like this?

    http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/GeometricObjects/Plane

(By the way, top google hit for "vtkPlaneSource example")

HTH,
David C.

Re: vtkPlaneSource- display a plane in my vtkWindow

Jon Haitz Legarreta
Hi Mark,
you can have a look at this example [1].

HTH,
JON HAITZ

[1] http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/GeometricObjects/Plane

On 12 June 2014 15:15, Mark Hervagault <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,

I try to create a plan in my Window. Do you have a small program that does
just that to help me please?

It will be great ...

Thank you !

Re: vtkPlaneSource- display a plane in my vtkWindow

Mark Hervagault
Hi,

thank you for your reply but I have already viewed this link.

I have already 3 vtkActor in my window. I see them. But I do not see my plan. However, when I put my 3 vtkActor in invisble (with vtkActor.setvisibility (0)), I see my beautiful plane.
I think my plan is too small compared to my vtkActor ..
How can we change the size of the plan?

Thank you very much

Re: vtkPlaneSource- display a plane in my vtkWindow

Jon Haitz Legarreta
Hi Mark,
your actor is just displaying its data source, which is your vtkPlaneSource.

May be your plane is too small compared to the other objects you are displaying.

It seems to me weird that your plane gets displayed when you set its actor's visibility to false. I'd download and execute the example as it is, and then start adding your own objects.

May be setting the vtkPlaneSource's first and second points [1] (SetPoint1(), SetPoint2()) at more distant locations from the origin may help.

JON HAITZ

[1] http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkPlaneSource.html#details

On 12 June 2014 16:18, Mark Hervagault <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

thank you for your reply but I have already viewed this link.

I have already 3 vtkActor in my window. I see them. But I do not see my
plan. However, when I put my 3 vtkActor in invisble (with
vtkActor.setvisibility (0)), I see my beautiful plane.
I think my plan is too small compared to my vtkActor ..
How can we change the size of the plan?

Thank you very much

Re: vtkPlaneSource- display a plane in my vtkWindow

Mark Hervagault
Thank you, it was that. I used setpoint1 and setPoint2.
Thank you very much.
But what is setNormal ? What is her utility ?

Mark.

Re: vtkPlaneSource- display a plane in my vtkWindow

Jon Haitz Legarreta
Dear Mark,
the function is described in the class documentation I sent you previously.

Otherwise, you can also open the VTK file where the class is defined and have a look directly into the code.

But the normal is the normal vector to the plane; thus, SetNormal allows you to specify the direction which is supposed to be orthogonal to your plane.

HTH,
JON HAITZ