vtkUnstructuredGrid output from a vtkLinearToQuadraticCellsFilter

vtkUnstructuredGrid output from a vtkLinearToQuadraticCellsFilter

Florian Benedetti
Hi folks,

I'm new to VTK (I'm using VTK8 C++ API). I have a vtkUnstructuredGrid
dataset, consisting of linear triangle/tetrahedral cells, and I'm trying
to convert it into a dataset of quadratic cells with a
vtkLinearToQuadraticCellsFilter object.

It works fine on visualization. Now, I would like to get an
vtkUnstructuredGrid dataset from filter but I didn't manage to do that
since I didn't clearly understand the documentation. How I can get an
output dataset from a filter ?

// Code example

vtkSmartPointer<vtkUnstructuredGrid> dataSet =
vtkDataSet::SafeDownCast(input_file->GetOutput());

vtkSmartPointer<vtkLinearToQuadraticCellsFilter> quadCells =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkLinearToQuadraticCellsFilter>::New();

quadCells->SetInputData(dataSet);

// How to recover an output dataset from filter

Thanks in advance for your help.

Fcs

Re: vtkUnstructuredGrid output from a vtkLinearToQuadraticCellsFilter

Fcs
quadCells->GetOuput() ?

See:
https://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkLinearToQuadraticCellsFilter-members.html