vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction and vtkVolumeRayCastMapper linking error

vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction and vtkVolumeRayCastMapper linking error

Runar Lyngset

Hi.

I am new to VTK and am having some problems running an example code under Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 using C++.  Previously I have successfully run the volume ray casting example with VTK 4.2 but have currently built the libraries from the CVS repository. My code compiles but when linking the code I get errors referring to the vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction and the vtkVolumeRayCastMapper instantiations. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to deal with this problem.  Should I go back to an earlier version of VTK?

Sincerely,

Runar Lyngset

Errors:

VisUIDoc.obj : error LNK2028: unresolved token (0A000877) "public: static class vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction * __cdecl vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction::New(void)" (?New@vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction@@$$FSAPAV1@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall CVisUIDoc::OnOpenDocument(char const *)" (?OnOpenDocument@CVisUIDoc@@$$FUAEHPBD@Z)

VisUIDoc.obj : error LNK2028: unresolved token (0A000A9F) "public: static class vtkVolumeRayCastMapper * __cdecl vtkVolumeRayCastMapper::New(void)" (?New@vtkVolumeRayCastMapper@@$$FSAPAV1@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall CVisUIDoc::OnOpenDocument(char const *)" (?OnOpenDocument@CVisUIDoc@@$$FUAEHPBD@Z)

VisUIDoc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class vtkVolumeRayCastMapper * __cdecl vtkVolumeRayCastMapper::New(void)" (?New@vtkVolumeRayCastMapper@@$$FSAPAV1@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall CVisUIDoc::OnOpenDocument(char const *)" (?OnOpenDocument@CVisUIDoc@@$$FUAEHPBD@Z)

VisUIDoc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction * __cdecl vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction::New(void)" (?New@vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction@@$$FSAPAV1@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall CVisUIDoc::OnOpenDocument(char const *)" (?OnOpenDocument@CVisUIDoc@@$$FUAEHPBD@Z)

Re: vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction and vtkVolumeRayCastMapper linking error

Tom Radcliffe

I ran into similar problems with VC2005 using the VTK sources out of
CVS, and dropped back to the stable 4.2 release, where everything works
without problems.  At the moment the latest VTK sources seem to have
problems building with VC2005 (my test was about a month ago, and
unfortunately I didn't have time to dig more deeply into it when I knew
the 4.2 sources would build just fine.)

--Tom

--
Tom Radcliffe, Ph.D., P.Eng.
President, Predictive Patterns Software Inc.