vtkWindowToImageFilter

Tim Thirion
Hi all,

I have a customer that is using vtkWindowToImageFilter [1] to capture framebuffer data. However, it seems it's also capturing the decorations of the window as well--the title bar, etc., which is not desirable. Is there a way to ensure it only captures the GL context? This is a Linux deployment.

TT

https://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkWindowToImageFilter.html

Re: vtkWindowToImageFilter

Utkarsh Ayachit
That's odd. vtkWindowToImageFilter is indeed not intended to capture
the decorations. Make sure you're capturing from the right buffer
(https://blog.kitware.com/be-careful-what-you-grab/).

Utkarsh